Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"Scrap" Booking with Scraps

So my desk is usually a big huge mess of paper scraps, punches, embellishments and a big mass of Thickers. As long as I can use my paper trimmer, I really don't mind just piling current supplies on the old and creating a layout right on top of the mess. But every once in awhile I can't stand it anymore and I decide to clean my desk. So what should I do with all those left over scraps of patterned paper?? Well, scrapbook with them, of course! Here are a couple of layouts I created entirely with scraps of paper that had been littering my desk for the past few months, including the little branding strips that adorn almost every 12x12 paper.

IMG_6657-Edit-2 photo IMG_6657-Edit-2_zps0123c218.jpg
IMG_6655-Edit-1 photo IMG_6655-Edit-1_zpsc1897b76.jpg

Fun, right? I love the pieced-together look and guess what?? My desk is clean! For now, anyway!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie - this is Christine Kelly from SC! Only just found a few of your layouts in the members gallery today which brought me to your blog! Like both these layouts but really love the 2nd one, sort of like a patchwork quilt - very creative and as well resourceful, using up your bits and pieces. Think I will be putting you in my bloglovin list. Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made those scraps look FAB! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete