Sunday, June 3, 2012

Summer Lovin'

So even though I still have two weeks left of school, I feel like summer is beginning to kick into full swing. This weekend I took the girls to what has to be one of the ultimate summer events--the hometown carnival. Now, if you were a follower of my previous blog, you know how I feel about carnivals, however that was back when I was a first time mama, and since then I've chilled out quite a bit. Thank goodness for that! In fact, I've chilled out so much that I took the girls all by myself. And went on the Ferris Wheel. In what seemed like gale force winds. And I didn't even panic when I heard the creaking of our little gondola when we were stopped at the very tippy top. Well, okay, I didn't panic much.

IMG_0427-9

IMG_0422-8

IMG_0412-3

IMG_0434-10
I liked this view much better...from the ground.

The girls had a blast on the Merry-go-Round, train, and slide.

IMG_0400-7IMG_0393-6IMG_0368-1

IMG_0331-4

But they especially loved the ice cream and funnel cake that melted all over the place and blew us away in a cloud of powdered sugar.

IMG_0437-4

My favorite part of the carnival? Taking pictures of course! You really can't top the colors and atmosphere of a carnival.

IMG_0318-1 IMG_0324-2 IMG_0326-3

And when the sky cooperates and puts on a show of equal awesomness?? Well, that just takes the funnel cake.

IMG_0377-2

IMG_0378-5



**********

On that note, I have what might be one of my new favorite summer layouts to share. There is just something about balloons that screams summer, and I was able to capture a few shots of the girls with their free Nordstrom shoe department lovelies this afternoon.

IMG_0593-1

Supplies include Crate Paper Pretty Party and The Pieces of Me Kit by the ever-awesome Maggie Holmes. I love the way the vintage feel of kit coordinates with the vintage style photo. Now that's what I call Summer Lovin'!

2 comments:

  1. looks like a fun day and a great result on the scrapbook page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love carnivals too! Lush weather ur having :)

    ReplyDelete